Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Waiting period...

Unfortunately, the past week or so hasn't been as productive as the first few weeks of this project were. I'm still planning on using my drawings and painting for the actual product, I'm not entire sure if they'll be ready on time. In the mean time, I've been working on the double page spread, which also isn't turning out that well (I guess it's harder than I thought to go from newspaper to magazine layout) so I'm probably going to end up using a style of layout Entertainment Weekly uses a lot for their stories. It's pretty, creative, and simple! As for my table of contents and front page, I haven't been able to make much progress on it due to the fact that the pictures still aren't done. I hope to be able to finish my drawing for the table of contents later today, so that way I'll be able to work on it whenever I finally finish working on the double page spread.
Another problem I've come across on is that the first time I went to take pictures of the dogs at the Humane Society, I didn't really know what I was looking for. Because of this, I didn't take pictures of the specific breed I need (now I know it's Labrador retriever) so I might have to go back sometime at the end of this week to take more pictures.
All in all, everything is very slowly coming together in one huge, clumped mess. I know I'll have it ready on time, but it stresses me out a little that I can't work on the project one page at a time, but have to work on everything at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment