Tuesday, March 17, 2015

This week I'm going to be working on the separate (yet important) things for my magazine. The first thing I did was my masthead (which looks pretty cool if I do say so myself) and up next is my cover picture. I first wanted to make an artistic oil painting (since the theme is art) but because I've been having trouble finding a way to edit the pictures, I might have to end up changing it all. I have a back-up plan, however. If I'm not able to finish the oil painting/drawing (I do have other ideas) I'll probably end up using a picture I took of my dog back when she was a puppy. If do that, however, then I might have to end up changing the entire theme of the issue, which really don't want to do.
As for my table of contents, I figured out through my research that instead of using cutouts of dogs like I planning on doing, it's best to amplify one picture and put the content information on the left or right. Of all the pictures I've taken so far, the best one to use is Sid's picture form the shelter last week (this one can be seen on the previous post). I feel like the happiness on his face is the epitome of every dog pretty much ever so it would be a good picture to use.
Later on this week I'll probably be researching information for my "Breed of the Month" section, which will be my double-page layout. The good thing about the fact that I'm in total control of the whole magazine is that I can decide how long or how short to make the story. Not just that, but I can get creative with my layout techniques :).

No comments:

Post a Comment