Friday, March 6, 2015

Welcome to Spot the magazine blog!



I have many plans for my wonderful pet magazine. First off, it's going to focus on dogs and how adorable they are. One of the main things I found in my research, however, is that most pet magazines like to focus on the fact that dogs are happy and always exciting, which is why I want to put a twist on it.
Earlier this week I found a magazine cover of the newest edition os "Bark", a magazine that talks about dogs. As you can see from the picture on the left, the colors of the magazine fit perfectly with the colors of the dog. This is one of the best things about pet magazines. The colors are usually changed to fit what the colors of the dogs on the front cover are. If the dog is beige, then the words are while and black. If the dog is black with a green background (which happens often since dogs are often on grass), then the color of the words are changed to fit that dog's picture.
One of the main things that drew me to this cover, however, is the fact that the beige colors make it seem as if dogs are serious things to talk about. They make our lives better and become out best friends. Just as the cover line says, "all you need is love" and a dog supplies that. That's what I want my magazine to look like. I want it to show that dogs supply our lives with love and happiness, but while they're also happy and exciting, they're serious things to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment